Start Up Accelerator Programme
Take the next step on your journey to success with the support of the Start Up Accelerator Programme funded by the UK Government through the Community Renewal Fund.
The programme is specifically targeted at individuals who are new to enterprise and particularly welcomes applications from: unemployed/ economically inactive individuals; young people (16-24 year old); disabled people; people aged 50+; lone parents; females and Individuals from rural communities. As such, priority will be given to applicants in these categories.
The ‘Start Up Accelerator Programme’ will assist entrepreneurs to explore their business idea further and provide assistance to develop business skills. The programme offers a number of exciting opportunities, including:
- Access to two new incubation hubs in Derry and Strabane
- One to one mentoring support
- Workshops and Entrepreneurs Forum
- Pop Up Shop Opportunities
- Up to £1,000 grant
For more information and to access the application form please contact us on:
Telephone: 028 71352693 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ‘Start Up Accelerator Programme’ will assist individuals to explore their business idea and further and develop their business skills. The programme offers a number of exciting opportunities, including:
- Access to two new incubation hubs in Derry and Strabane. The incubation hubs will provide participants with high quality office space, admin support, access to high speed broadband/ IT Support and access to meeting and conference facilities.
- Two pop up shops will be available to eligible programme participants to help them to connect with new customers and showcase their products in prime retail locations from February to June 2022. Candidates will be selected through a competitive process, with five places available in Derry and one in Strabane. This initiative will be delivered in collaboration with the Fashion and Textile Design Centre in Derry and Strabane BID.
- One to one mentoring support from leading figures across a range of industries, as well as a series of workshops and Entrepreneurs Forum. Successful candidates will be awarded a business grant of up to £1,000 to purchase items such as marketing materials, equipment, premises fit-out, rent or training to assist them in their venture, with 50 grants available.
Let’s Start Something new!
The programme is led by Derry City and Strabane District Council, Enterprise North West and Strabane Enterprise Agency and is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus